Jill Quigley, Julie Sartwell, Bob Dickerson, Julie Madigan
- The goal is to complete a binder (that later will be converted to an online resource) full of best practices for instructors to access and use in the classroom.
- The binder will include best practices for EWRTs 100A, 100B, 1A, 1B, and 2.
- The best practices for these classes will include:
- Anthology selections
- Novel selections
- Readings (essays, poems)
- In-class assignments/exercises (films)
- Essay assignments
- Sample student essays
- Peer review session practices
- Grammar/sentence level exercises
- English 100B/Read 100 Book list
- Each best practice will include a brief explanation/rationale from the contributor.
- The purpose for the binder is:
- To share successful examples with colleagues
- To understand the appropriate level of readings and assignments
- Best practice contributions should be submitted the division mailboxes of:
- Jill Quigley (developmental level contributions)
- Julie Sartwell (transfer level contributions)
Other related ideas:
- Bringing together English, ESL, Reading, and Speech instructors to discuss best practices
- Meetings for instructors teaching a specific level (like the 100A lunchtime group) to discuss best practices