You can create a link to another page (or story) on your web site by typing (or copying and pasting) the other story's title into the current page and placing quotation marks around this text. For example, to create a link to page on your site called My Syllabus you would simply type "My Syllabus" anywhere else on your site.
Here are the steps to use to create a link on your home page that will take visitors to another page at your site called "My Syllabus."
- Go to your site and log in.
- Create a new story called "My Syllabus" if one does not already exist. (You can use a different title for your story; just remember to substitute the title you choose everywhere you see "My Syllabus" in this description.)
- Go to your home page and click the Edit This Page button to go to the Edit Story page.
- Edit the text of your home page and include the title enclosed by quotation marks: "My Syllabus". Click the Post Changes button when you finish.
- The text "My Syllabus" on your home page should now be a link to the "My Syllabus" story.
If you have created shortcuts for any of your pages you can also type the shortcut text in quotes. For example, if you created a shortcut for your My Syllabus page called Syllabus Page you could create a link to the page by typing either "My Syllabus" or "Syllabus Page". Read Creating Shortcuts for more information.