Creative Arts Division
- Thursday, June 11: De Anza Chamber Orchestra — 7:30 PM. $10, $5 students. Visual and Performing Arts Center, De Anza College.
- Friday, June 12: Student Recital — Vocalist Kayla Wilfong presents a student recital. 6:30 PM. FREE ADMISSION. Room A11, De Anza College.
- Sunday, June 14: Piano Recital — De Anza piano students perform music by Debussy, Ravel, Chopin, Brahms, Scarlatti, and Prokofiev. Faculty member John Thomsen will also perform. 7:00 PM. Room A-11. FREE ADMISSION.
- Monday, June 15: Chorale and Vintage Singers — “A Night at the Theatre: The Lighter Side of Choral Music.” 7:30 PM, Visual and Performing Arts Center, De Anza College (subject to change). $10, $5 students.
- Wednesday, June 17: 34th Annual Patnoe Jazz Festival — Vocalist Jamie Davis, Saxophonist Noel Jewkes, the De Anza Jazz Ensemble, the Daddios Big Band. 7:30 PM. Visual and Performing Arts Center, De Anza College. $15 / $10 students.
- Saturday, June 20: De Anza Wind Ensemble — Spring Concert. 7:30 PM. Visual And Performing Arts Center, De Anza College. $5.
- Monday, June 22: De Anza Chamber Orchestra — 7:30 PM. $10, $5 students. Visual and Performing Arts Center, De Anza College.
Anza College is the second California community college to be named an
"All-Steinway Institution." Faculty and students can teach, learn, and
perform on the instruments used by 95% of internationally renowned
Concerts and EventsA list of recitals and concerts by Music Department students, faculty, and guest artists is available at the web site for Dan Mitchell's Introduction to Music classes. (Note that this list may not be current during the summer months and at other times when classes are not in session.)
The Events page at the De Anza College web site also lists Music Department Events.
Performing groups and classes are open to all De Anza College students!
Performing GroupsDe Anza Chorale
Jazz Vocal Groups
Symphonic Wind Ensemble
GE Music Classes
Introduction to Music classes (Music 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E) fulfill many transfer and certificate requirements for general education students, can apply to completion of the Music AA degree, and provide a general introduction to the art of music.
Beginning Music ClassesVoice
Intro to Electronic Music
Intermediate Electronic Music