Creative Arts Division
- Thursday, June 11: De Anza Chamber Orchestra — 7:30 PM. $10, $5 students. Visual and Performing Arts Center, De Anza College.
- Friday, June 12: Student Recital — Vocalist Kayla Wilfong presents a student recital. 6:30 PM. FREE ADMISSION. Room A11, De Anza College.
- Sunday, June 14: Piano Recital — De Anza piano students perform music by Debussy, Ravel, Chopin, Brahms, Scarlatti, and Prokofiev. Faculty member John Thomsen will also perform. 7:00 PM. Room A-11. FREE ADMISSION.
- Monday, June 15: Chorale and Vintage Singers — “A Night at the Theatre: The Lighter Side of Choral Music.” 7:30 PM, Visual and Performing Arts Center, De Anza College (subject to change). $10, $5 students.
- Wednesday, June 17: 34th Annual Patnoe Jazz Festival — Vocalist Jamie Davis, Saxophonist Noel Jewkes, the De Anza Jazz Ensemble, the Daddios Big Band. 7:30 PM. Visual and Performing Arts Center, De Anza College. $15 / $10 students.
- Saturday, June 20: De Anza Wind Ensemble — Spring Concert. 7:30 PM. Visual And Performing Arts Center, De Anza College. $5.
- Monday, June 22: De Anza Chamber Orchestra — 7:30 PM. $10, $5 students. Visual and Performing Arts Center, De Anza College.
Anza College is the second California community college to be named an
"All-Steinway Institution." Faculty and students can teach, learn, and
perform on the instruments used by 95% of internationally renowned
Music Department Classes
Music ClassesThis page provides general information about music department classes. Consult the class schedules at the De Anza College web site for specific information about current class offerings.
Undergraduate Music ProgramThe excellent two-year comprehensive musicianship series is the core of the undergraduate music program. Introduction to music , vocal and instrumental performance classes, and a variety of excellent performing ensembles are also offered. Successful De Anza musicianship students succeed at higher levels than students from other community colleges when they transfer into four-year institutions.
Classes for BeginnersIntroductory courses are available for students just getting started in music, including beginning classes in keyboard/piano brass, woodwind, strings, percussion, guitar, and voice. Instruction is provided in a variety of styles ranging from classical to jazz. Music Fundamentals provides basic instruction in music theory. Complete course sequences allow students to progress to advanced levels.
General Education ClassesThe Music Department offers day, evening, and online courses that meet transfer and associate degree general education requirements. Introduction to Music courses (Music 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, and 1E) focus on classical music, jazz, non-western music, popular music, and more and meet general education transfer requirements and some music major requirements.
Performing GroupsLarge performing groups include the Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Chamber Orchestra, Symphony Orchestra, De Anza Chorale, Vintage Singers, and guitar ensemble.
Jazz ProgramAn outstanding jazz program features a variety of vocal and instrumental performing groups. Classes in instrumental and vocal jazz skills and improvisation are available.
Electronic MusicThe Electronic Music program provides instruction and studio experience in synthesizer operation, MIDI sequencing, and sound design along with the opportunity to work with professional level hardware and software. An entry-level electronic music class is open to all students.
Performing groups and classes are open to all De Anza College students!
Performing GroupsDe Anza Chorale
Jazz Vocal Groups
Symphonic Wind Ensemble
GE Music Classes
Introduction to Music classes (Music 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E) fulfill many transfer and certificate requirements for general education students, can apply to completion of the Music AA degree, and provide a general introduction to the art of music.
Beginning Music ClassesVoice
Intro to Electronic Music
Intermediate Electronic Music