Music Department Concerts
De Anza College Music Department Performances
As of the spring 2014 term Music 1A course
materials have moved to a new website:
... and bookmark the new address.
(Materials on the old site have not been updated and will not be updated and no longer represent official class information.) If you arrived on this page via a link on the new Music 1A web site please let Dan Mitchell know so that he can correct the link. Thanks!
Watch here for events near the end of the term, and watch for updates and changes from time to time.
(NOTE: The following events are from the spring 2013 term. Check back later for 2013-14 events.)
Important notes for Music 1A students:
- Friday, April 19, 2013 - De Anza College Faculty Recital - 7:30 p.m. Room A11 "Choral
Hall," De Anza College, Cupertino. $20, $5 students. Proceeds benefit De
Anza College music scholarship fund.
- Thursday, May 9, 2013 - De Anza Guitar Ensemble and Guitar Quartet - With the SJSU Guitar Ensemble. 2:30 p.m. Room A31, Music Department, De Anza College. Free Admission.
- Friday, June 7, 2013 - Patnoe Jazz Festival Concert - 7:30 p.m. Visual and Performing Arts Center, De Anza College. $15 general, $10 students.
- Friday, June 14, 2013 - Guitar Student Recital - 7:00 p.m. A11 "Choral Hall," De Anza College. Free Admission.
- Wednesday, June 19 - De Anza Jazz Ensemble - 5:00 PM. Main Quad near Campus Center, De Anza College. FREE.
- Friday, June 21, 2003 - Symphonic Winds Spring Concert - 7:30 p.m. Visual and Performing Arts Center, De Anza College. $5.
- Saturday, June 22, 2013 - De Anza Chamber Orchestra - 7:30 p.m. Visual and Performing Arts Center, De Anza College. $10 general, $5 students.
- Sunday, June 23, 2013 - De Anza Choral Groups - Featuring the De Anza Chorale and the Vintage Singers. Visual and Performing Arts Center, De Anza College. 4:30 p.m. $10 general, $5 students.
- Sunday, June 23, 2013 - Student Recital - De Anza College guitar and piano students. A11 Choral Hall, De Anza College. 7:00 p.m. Free admission.
- Monday, June 24, 2013 - Jazz Combos - De Anza Jazz Combos. 7:00 p.m. Campus Center Main Quad. FREE.
- It is possible that some events listed here could be canceled or that the times, days, locations could be changed. Because of this, if earning extra credit is especially important to you it would be a good idea to try to attend all three events as early as possible rather than waiting until only three remain.
- If an event is eligible for both the concert report assignment and extra credit, you may use it for one or the other, but not for both.
Listing updated: 6/25/13