| Tuesday, March 20, 2012
|Lab Time Opportunities
As we approach the end of the winter term, the main focus of the electronic music classes is the completion of final projects. I know that some of you would like to have additional lab time. You may come in and use open computers during any electronic music class. Here is a summary of remaining class sessions - along with a note about the extended open lab on Thursday:
* I may be able to keep the lab open a few minutes longer on these days.What about additional open lab during the final exam schedule period between Tuesday 3/27 and Friday 3/30? I may be able to open the lab for an hour or two on one of the afternoons during this period, perhaps on Tuesday or Wednesday. Unfortunately, due to schedule issues that I won't know about until later on I cannot say for sure that these sessions will be available nor can I yet specify days/times. I will announce these via email to the class and by posting on the class web site - so watch for announcements at the last moment!
- Tuesday 3/20 at 12:30-2:15*
- Wednesday 3/21 at 12:30-2:30*
and continuing at 2:30-4:00
- Thursday 3/22 at 12:30-2:15*
- Friday 3/23 at 10:30-2:15*
- Monday 3/26 at 12:30-2:15*
Posted by Dan Mitchell on 3/20/12; 1:49:20 PM.
|Spring Quarter Electronic Music Classes
There will only be two electronic music sections during the spring quarter. (You know the story... budget reductions... :-(
The two sections we will offer include:
I am quite certain that we will be unable to accommodate all students who want to take the Introduction class (Music 51) since we typically offer two sections
each quarter. If you are thinking of taking this class - or have a
friend who is planning to take it - early registration is going to be a
good idea! When the class fills, you have a couple options:
- Music 51: Introduction to Electronic Music on Monday/Wednesday at 12:30-2:20 in A91
- Music 8: Intermediate Electronic Music on Tuesday/Thursday at 12:30-2:20 in A91
For this reason and because students from both previous terms
may be trying to enroll in Music 8, I encourage all students who want to
enroll in Intermediate Electronic Music to also do so as soon as possible.
Posted by Dan Mitchell on 3/20/12; 1:40:28 PM.
your name on the waiting list and be sure to come to the first class
meeting. I am almost always able to add a few students, and those on the
waiting list who are in class on the first day will be the first to
have a chance to take the open seats.
- If you have some previous experience with electronic music hardware/software you may be able to enroll straight into the Intermediate class. Give this a try if you are pretty certain that you would qualify.
Last update: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 1:49:20 PM
Portions copyright 1995-2013
This page viewed times.