| Thursday, March 8, 2012
|Spring Quarter Electronic Music Classes
There will only be two electronic music sections during the spring quarter. (You know the story... budget reductions... :-(
The two sections we will offer include:
I am quite certain that we will be unable to accommodate all students who want to take the Introduction class (Music 51) since we typically offer two sections each quarter. If you are thinking of taking this class - or have a friend who is planning to take it - early registration is going to be a good idea! When the class fills, you have a couple options:
- Music 51: Introduction to Electronic Music on Monday/Wednesday at 12:30-2:20 in A91
- Music 8: Intermediate Electronic Music on Tuesday/Thursday at 12:30-2:20 in A91
For this reason and because students from both previous terms may be trying to enroll in Music 8, I encourage all students who want to enroll in Intermediate Electronic Music to also do so as soon as possible.
Posted by Dan Mitchell on 3/8/12; 2:30:51 PM.
- Get your name on the waiting list and be sure to come to the first class meeting. I am almost always able to add a few students, and those on the waiting list who are in class on the first day will be the first to have a chance to take the open seats.
- If you have some previous experience with electronic music hardware/software you may be able to enroll straight into the Intermediate class. Give this a try if you are pretty certain that you would qualify.
|Important Reminders as the End of the Term Approaches
After this week, there are only two more weeks of classes before final exam week. (Keep in mind that Monday of finals week is a regular class day!) There is a lot to do yet, and it is important to stay on schedule and anticipate upcoming deadlines.
Posted by Dan Mitchell on 3/8/12; 1:41:35 PM.
- For all electronic music classes, the primary task during the next two weeks is the completion of your final project. If you have not already started it, you must plan to do so no later than the first class meeting of week 9 (March 12-16).
- While there will be just enough time to complete a final project, you may want more. Plan to come in during the other electronic music classes and/or during the extended Wednesday afternoon open lab.
- In the Intermediate class we also will use some of each remaining class meeting for class presentations. In order to do this efficiently - and retain as much lab work time as possible - it is important that you be ready to go on your scheduled presentation day.
- In the Intro classes we have two upcoming due dates for quizzes - see the quiz page for specific information.
- Also in the Intro classes there is a second test. See the course green sheet calendar for tentative scheduling.
- All electronic music classes will meet at the scheduled final exam sessions for playback of final projects. As per the course green sheets, attendance at these sessions is required, and there are serious grade consequences if you miss the final. See green sheet for more information.
Last update: Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 2:30:51 PM
Portions copyright 1995-2013
This page viewed times.