De Anza College, Cupertino, CA
WELCOME TO BARBARA LIECHTY'S PUBLIC WEBSITE FOR HEALTH 21 AND NUTRITION 10!
THERE IS NO IN-CLASS or ON-CAMPUS ORIENTATION FOR EITHER HEALTH 21 OR NUTRITION 10:
- Nutrition 10 and Health 21 are online classes administered using Catalyst, the campus online course management system. Only students enrolled in the class will have access to the class. Please bookmark the Catalyst site https://catalyst.deanza.edu. You will not have access to the class until the first day of fall quarter, Monday, September 22.
- There will be no campus meetings for either Nutrition 10 or Health 21. To demonstrate your intent to maintain your enrollment (to not be dropped as a 'no show'), students must logon to our Catalyst course site by Wednesday, September 24, 5:00 PM. Dropping students who are 'no shows' is College policy. Catalyst records logons. The instructor will monitor the site and will drop as 'no shows' students who have not logged on by the date and time above.
- All enrolled students are required to (students interested in enrolling are strongly encouraged to) complete all pages of the on-line orientation and electronically submit the required Student Information Form by Friday, September 26, 5:00 PM. Submitting the Student Information Form will serve as the indicator that you correctly completed the requirement. The Student Information Form will have a record of pages completed.
Note that completing the online orientation does not enroll you in a class, nor does it give you priority to enroll. The online orientation is an orientation to our course and to distance learning at De Anza. The fall, 2014, online orientation will be available on or about Monday, September 8. The online orientation can be accessed through the Distance Learning Center website: <http://www.deanza.edu/distance/>
- All enrolled students are required to have consistent, convenient, and reliable computer access and high speed internet service (see Minimum System Requirements in the course syllabus). Students who cannot consistently access the class, complete homework as required, take exams online in accordance with testing directions, and/or who do not have access to high speed internet should consider taking an on-campus class.
- Students enrolled for the first time in an online class that uses Catalyst, De Anza's e-classroom software, are invited to attend either of two optional, face-to-face Catalyst orientation sessions the first week of classes: Tuesday, September 23, 5-6 PM, MLC 255 or Friday, September 26, 12:30-1:30 PM, MLC 255. The two sessions are identical, and no reservation is required. This orientation is sponsored by the Distance Learning Center.
Thank you. I'm looking forward to fall quarter!
ONLINE CLASSES FACILITATED BY CATALYST:
An introductory course on human nutrition designed for students wanting practical information. Physiological, psychological and economic aspects of obtaining an adequate diet through the life cycle are covered as well as the relationship of nutrients to health and physical fitness. Current nutritional issues and controversies will be evaluated. (This class does not satisfy the nutrition requirement for the De Anza College RN Nursing Program.)
This class focuses on personal, family and community health and the relationship between lifestyle and health. Several of the topics included are stress, hypertension, wellness, nutrition, depression, and sexually transmitted diseases. The study of common lifesytle behviors will emphasize self-help and the preventalbe aspects of lifestyle choices.
SEE THE FOLLOWING WEBSITES FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
DeAnza College: http://www.deanza.edu
Searchable Schedule of Classes: http://www.deanza.edu/schedule/
Distance Learning Center: http://www.deanza.edu/distance/
FHDA MyPortal: https://myportal.fhda.edu/cp/home/displaylogin
Foothill-DeAnza Community College District: http://www.fhda.edu
Refer to the most current De Anza College Schedule of Classes - General Education Requirements for additional information on transfer.
Students can access their grades from the Portal: [https://myportal.fhda.edu/cp/home/displaylogin].
Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, mistakes can occur. In the event of any discrepancies, De Anza College policy and the instructor's course policy prevail.