For my production teams in 1A
- 1/18/03 "If you want your dreams to come true, get out of bed."
- 1/13/03 "Why is it those who are the quickest to judge are often those in possession of the fewest facts?"
- 12/1/02 "Usually it's not what you have that determines what your attitude is, but what has you."
Don Meyer, basketball coach
- 11/20/02 "There are three things you should do everyday. Number one is laugh: you should laugh everyday. Number 2 is think: you should spend some time in thought. And number three is you should have your emotions moved to tears."
The late Jimmy Valvano
- 11/3/02 "I have never seen a greater monster or miracle than myself."
MICHEL EYGUEM DE MONTAIGNE (1533-1592)
- 10/22/02 Try this test
- 10/9/02 "The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in"
- 10/2/02 "If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?"
From Ashley Carrigan's homepage in 100B-14
- 10/1/02 "To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!" -Emerson
From Jamie Williams homepage in 1B.
- 9/30/02 "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
From Jay Onda's homepage in 1B
- 9/29/02 "i'm not a vegetarian because i love animals,
i'm a vegetarian because i hate plants."
from Luke Stengal's homepage in 1B
check out Luke's website
- 9/20/02 "What is most important is to find peace and share it with others"
Thich Nhat Hanh Stepping Into Freedom
Click here to Listen for PEACE
"Put your mind in neutral" by bradajo
You know small kid time?
so much more pretty, no?
Why you fellows like (to)
scrape (bulldoze) the mountain
like that? Waste time!
- 8/30/02 "Fantasy is what people want; reality is what they need."
Lauryn Hill unplugged
- 8/24/02 Vacation time. talk amongst yourselves.
- 7/30/02 "The issue is not about good v evil or Islam v Christianity as much as it is about space. About how to accommodate diversity, how to contain the impulse towards hegemony - every kind of hegemony, economic, military, linguistic, religious and cultural."
"The trouble is that once America goes off to war, it can't very well return without having fought one. If it doesn't find its enemy, for the sake of the enraged folks back home, it will have to manufacture one. Once war begins, it will develop a momentum, a logic and a justification of its own, and we'll lose sight of why it's being fought in the first place."
-Arundhati Roy, the author of The God of Small Things
Posted by Jennifer Okada in EWRT 1A gender discussion
- 7/15/02 "To be conscious in America is to be in a constant state of rage."
- 7/9/02 "Those who will not reason are bigots, those who cannot reason are fools, and those who dare not reason are slaves. "
From Martin Nguyen's homepage in EWRT 1A
- 7/2/02 "The man who has no imagination has no wings."
- Muhammad Ali
From Eric Malmstrom's homepage in EWRT 1A
- 6/19/02 "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
comic forwarded by Elit 39 student Julia Tran
- 6/8/02 "Never try to be better than someone else. Always keep learning from others. Never cease trying to be the best YOU can be. That is something that is within your power. But when you get too engrossed with things over which you have no control, it will adversely affect the things over which you have control"
John Wooden, Legendary Basketball Coach
- 6/2/02 "You can live without anything you weren't born with, and you can make it through on even half of that."
Gloria Naylor Mama Day
- Happy Memorial Day
"You can always retake a class; you can never relive a weekend."
Lance Harriman, circa 1994
- 5/16/02 Advertising has its taste in cars and clothes...working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
We are the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War...No Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives.
Tyler Durden in Fight Club
- 5/7/02 Architecture changes our way of life. A literary work, if we consider it as a house, can change our way of life. A novel can be a home as well. At least for a while.
- 5/1/02 Dance like there's no one looking, love like it's never going to hurt.
Written on bathroom wall in De Anza Cafeteria
- 4/29/02 If you're not writing what you think, feel, believe, love, or hate, then you are just copying someone else's ideas. Don't rob the reader and the world of the magic of you.
advice to all writers
- 4/22/02 The wisest person makes those around them realize their own brilliance.
I learned this from my wise students in ELIT 39 today
- 4/22/02 Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.
- Mother Teresa
- 4/15/02 "Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much...the wheel, New York, wars, and so on, whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good t ime. But conversely the dolphins be liev ed themselves to be more intelligent than man for precisely the same reasons." -Douglas Adams
from Kasia Slaughter's homepage in EWRT 2
- 4/13/02 "The things you fear are defeatable not by their nature, but by your approach." from May Tran's homepage EWRT 2
- 4/13/02 "May you grow to be as beautiful as God meant you to be when he first thought of you....Author unknown" from ROSALIE SHINSATO'S homepage in EWRT 2 online course.
- 4/12/02 " "Learn to follow the rules so t hat you can one day break them and remake them." a quotation from Brian Nguyen's homepage in EWRT 2 online class.
- 4/9/02 "I just took this class because it fit in my schedule, but now that I'm here I wan t to be enlightened."
paraphrase o f PJ Ferrer responding to what he wants to get out of Elit 39
- 4/9/02 "The earth is your mother,
she holds you.
The sky is your father,
he protects you.
Rainbow is y our sister,
she loves you.
The winds are your brothers,
they sing to you.
We are together always
We are together always
There never was a time
was not so.
Leslie Marmon Silko, "Lullaby"
- 4/4/02 "the sta bility of the large world house which is ours will involve a revolution of values to accompany the scientific and freedom revolutions engulfing the earth. We must rapidly begin the shift from a 'thing'-oriented society to a 'person'-oriented society. Wh en mach ines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism and militarism are incapable of being conquered. A civilization can flounder as readily in the face of mor al and s piritual bankruptcy as it can through financial bankruptcy."
Martin Luther King Jr.--Long Live the King
- 4/2/02 "I'm not sad that we lost; I'm sad that it's all over."
Sherri Coale, Coach for Okalahoma Women's Basketball team after l osing to UConn in the NCAA championship
3/26/02 "Judge not." Bob Marley
- 3/19/02 "They can barbeque people"
100B Marjan responding to what will future video games have that will be more violent than "Grand Theft Auto III."
- 3/16/02 These are from a book called "Disorder in the Court." They are
people actually said in court or in a deposition, word for word, taken
published by a court reporter.
Judge: "Well, Sir, I have reviewed this case and I've decided to give
wife $775 a week."
Husband: "That's fair, your honor. I'll try to send her a few bucks