Eight Important Items for You to Know
Ken Harper, Instructor
Sharon Miller, Assistant
- Attendance is required: Regular attendance is an obligation assumed by every student at the time of registration. Late entry or early exits from class are disruptive to the class. Excessive absences will result in your being dropped from class or your grade being lowered since a significant portion of your grade is based on in-class group activities.
- If you are absent, it is YOUR responsibility to find out what you missed and obtain any necessary handouts. You are strongly advised to call a classmate and obtain any class notes and missed information.
- Withdrawing from the course is your responsibility. If the appropriate forms are not completed and filed with the Office of Admissions and Records by YOU, you will receive a failing grade for the course.
- Bring a working calculator, books and course materials to each class meeting. (A three-ring binder to organize all course work and materials is strongly recommended.
- Preparation of all assignments is essential to the understanding of the course materials. All assignments should have a neat and professional appearance. Late assignments will NOT be accepted. You may turn in assignments prior to class or have someone turn in your assignment if you must miss a class.
- Group work is an essential part of this class. Being unprepared or absent will negatively impact your participation and peer evaluation grade.
- Quizzes may NEVER be made up. Quizzes may be unannounced.
- It is your responsibility to keep track of your grades this quarter. Keep a log of all graded assignments on a separate piece of paper.
"Printer Friendly 8"