Attenuated PatternsDue 10/13/03
The connectionist model you made of the song Become You by the Indigo Girls will become your focus for this assignment. Chapters 2 and 3 of Galotti’s text will be your aid as well as any other outside source you choose to incorporate. Be sure to reference anything you use (and by this I mean primary sources, not secondary texts).
In essay format please explain:
1. Would you describe your process for creating your model top-down or bottom-up process? Why?
2. How has word superiority has directed your model? Include McClellan & Rummelhart (1981) in this explanation
3. How did your personal schemata influence your model?
4. Did attenuating factors play a part? How?
5. Which theory of attention do you think was most likely to influence you when creating your model? Why?
4-6 pages (including your model).
All instructions found in "paper and extra credit instruction" are applicable.